- Face and Skin Health
- Hair & Body
- Health & Wellness
- Products & Gift Cards
- Payment Plans
- Chicago Location
Smooth & Wrinkle Free
As one of the most popular injections in the market, Botox and Xeomin are certainly no stranger to the everyday wrinkle. Botox and Xeomin injections reduce and prevent wrinkles caused by frowning, smiling, and other facial expressions.
CaTara Medical Spa in Algonquin uses both Botox and Xeomin. Both neuromodulators help patients address a variety of skin concerns. With the right injector, Botox and Xeomin can give a subtle lift, smooth signs of aging, and even provide a slimming effect to the face.
Our medical staff are certified in neuromodulator injections and attend ongoing training seminars to learn advanced injection techniques. Results are excellent in all age groups, softening existing lines and preventing new lines from forming.
Wrinkle Reducers in Algonquin
What it Treats
Forehead Lines & Wrinkles
Lines & Wrinkles Between Brows (11’s)
Around the Mouth
New patients – 30 minutes
Current patients – 15 minutes
Female and Male
21 or older
Recovery & Downtime
There is no required downtime with Botox or Xeomin in Algonquin; most patients return to work or their regular daily routine after leaving our office.
While this treatment is virtually painless, we may provide you with an ice pack immediately after your injections to reduce any redness or swelling you may experience. We recommend avoiding direct sun exposure and rigorous exercise for a few days following injections.
The Benefits of Botox / Xeomin in Algonquin
Not only are both Botox and Xeomin FDA-approved but they have also been backed by more than 15 years of clinical studies.
Botox and Xeomin are popular injectables for a reason. The work very well in not only smoothing the skin but also preventing future wrinkles!
Botox and Xeomin can be used for a variety of wrinkle treatments. They have proven successful for both men and women and are beloved by patients of all skin types and ethnicities.
The Wrinkle Reducer Process
What to Expect
When you come to CaTara for your Botox or Xeomin in Algonquin, our medical aesthetic injector will first provide a consultation to make sure you are an ideal candidate for injections, and to discuss your goals to provide a recommendation for which injectable will best meet your needs. When this consultation is complete, you will know how much product we will be injecting and exactly what it will cost.
Get Your Injections
We will then study your facial expressions and make light marks with a pen to indicate precisely where we will be making the injections. Since we utilize thin, tiny needles most patients report feeling minimal to no discomfort. We can, however, provide topical anesthetic as necessary to ensure your comfort. After a 10 to 15-minute injection process, you will be able to leave our office and continue your normal activities. We just ask that you stay out of the sun without protection and you keep your head upright for 4 hours.
We will assess the treated area to ensure proper placement of the neuromodulator. We’ll answer any and every question you have about the treatment, and give you instructions on the best ways to maintain your results. Then, we welcome you to schedule any follow-up appointments you need.
- Avoid aspirin (e.g. Bayer, Excedrin) and other blood-thinning medications (e.g. Vitamin E, Fish Oil) for at least 10 days before injections. If you are taking this medication under direction of your doctor, be sure to speak with him or her for permission before discontinuing it.
- Avoid ibuprofen (e.g. Advil, Motrin) for 3 days before injections. Note: if you’re concerned about pain or bruising, you can take Tylenol before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to injections as this too can thin the blood and cause bruising during treatment.
- Discontinue the use of retinoid (Vitamin A) products for 2 days before & after treatment.
- Consider a zinc supplement in the weeks leading up to your Botox/ Xeomin injections. Studies have shown that higher levels of zinc in the body are related to higher efficacy of Botox, Xeomin and other injectables.
- Make sure your skin is properly hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water and using moisturizer morning and night.
- No touching or massaging the injection site to avoid moving the material to a spot it wasn’t intended to be.
- Keep your head upright.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and use sunscreen when outside as UV rays can disperse the injectable faster in your skin, making the effects shorter (not to mention the acceleration of aging by the sun!).
- Avoid scrubs, toners, and abrasive cleansers for at least a week to ensure you do not disrupt the precisely-applied Xeomin.
- Sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Avoid strenuous activity or aerobics for 24 hours after your injections.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I see results for Botox and Xeomin in Algonquin?
You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours after your injections with full results seen in 7 to 14 days.
How long do the results last?
The results of Botox and Xeomin generally last up to 4 months depending on the patient's skin type and the depth and severity of his or her lines.
How much time does it take to receive a Botox or Xeomin injection?
The Botox/Xeomin injection process is quick. Once your consultation has been completed and we've devised a "game plan" for how to treat your wrinkles, the injection process takes only about 10 minutes.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
The experts at CaTara have years of experience performing thousands of Botox and Xeomin injections. You can trust that we will deliver subtle, natural results from a highly trained and experienced medical expert in facial anatomy. No one should be able to tell you've had any "work" done.
How many Botox/Xeomin injections should I get?
The number of injections you get will depend on the severity of your lines and the number of lines you have. Generally, for crow's feet, we suggest 3 injections into the areas of the muscle that frame the side of each eye. For frown lines, you may receive up to 5 injections into the muscles between your brows and in your forehead. For forehead lines specifically, you may also receive up to 5 injections into the muscle.
Do men get Botox/Xeomin treatments?
Absolutely! Botox and Xeomin for men are common at our practice. Crow's feet, forehead lines, frown lines are not exclusively an area of concern for women. Men get these wrinkles too over time and may wish to look younger and appear more refreshed.
What if I prefer Botox over Xeomin?
If you have a preference, please let us know when you schedule your appointment. If you schedule online, please schedule with the product you prefer. If you are a new patient, we will make a recommendation based on the information we gather in your consultation.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.