Rejuvenate & Tighten
While at-home skin care is always important, there’s nothing like a professional laser facial. When you’re looking to really make an impact for more youthful skin, CaTara Medical Spa’s Rejuvenating & Tightening Laser Facial™ in Chicago is the one for you. This facial treatment combines laser technology with traditional facial techniques to tighten and restore tissue from within.
Laser Facial in Chicago
What it Treats
Fine lines and wrinkles
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
You may experience some initial redness and swelling. There is minimal downtime needed for a laser facial.
Why A Laser Facial in Chicago?
As you age, your skin doesn't produce as much collagen as it used to. Collagen's primary responsibility is to give your skin structure. A laser facial heats your skin to trigger collagen production, improving sagging and restoring form.
A More Youthful Appearance
Alone with tighter skin, a laser facial can improve other concerns like fine lines and wrinkles with increased collagen production. The results is more youthful appearing skin.
You can improve sagging skin without surgery through our Rejuvenating & Tightening Laser Facial™.
The Laser Facial Process
What to Expect
Before your laser facial in Chicago, you'll meet with an expert provider. We'll determine if this is the best treatment for you through a thorough skin examination and a discussion of your goals.
For the treatment itself, you'll simply relax as we prep your skin for optimal results. We'll use skilled techniques to thermally heat the skin with laser technology. This process will kickstart your body's natural healing response to produce collagen and rejuvenate your skin.
There is minimal downtime after this treatment to allow your skin to heal and restore for a better, more youthful complexion.
- Avoid sun exposure, either naturally or through the use of tanning beds (including self-tanning methods) for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid products containing retinol, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) for at least one week prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days. If you are taking these medications under the direction of a physician, you should consult with them before discontinuing.
- Tell your provider if you have been on Accutane or another product containing isotretinoin in the last year.
- If we are treating your face/neck, arrive with a bare face (cleansed with no makeup, serums, or moisturizers).
- Use a cold compress and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication for post-treatment swelling and redness.
- Use gentle cleansers, do not rub your skin, and avoid hot water for at least 2-3 days.
- Use sunscreen (SPF 30+) and moisturizer religiously. Also, consider a hat or other physical block if going into direct sunlight.
- Do not use any scrubs, exfoliants, chemicals, or topical medications on the treated area for at least a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for a laser facial?
The best way to determine your candidacy for a laser facial is to schedule an in-person consultation with a provider. We'll learn about your skin and desired results to ensure this best matches your needs.
You can also try out our virtual consultation tool for instant treatment recommendations based on your treatment area(s) and concerns.
What can I expect for recovery?
You can expect your skin to be sensitive immediately after your treatment and for a couple of days after. We will provide aftercare details for your to get the best results. In general, it's important to give your skin extra care as it heals.
Can laser tighten jowls?
Yes! If you're experiencing sagging in the jowl area, a Rejuvenating & Tightening laser facial is a great non-surgical treatment to tighten skin in this area.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.