RF Microneedling in Chicago
Remodel your skin—from the inside out
RF microneedling is a revolutionary treatment that utilizes very small “micro” needles to penetrate the skin and release radio frequency energy. Microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) is a great, minimally-invasive combination that stimulates collagen and addresses sun damage and other common signs of aging.
Utilizing microneedling in a client’s treatment plan at CaTara Medical Spa helps us reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, scars, stretch marks, and smaller areas of loose skin.
When you book RF microneedling in Chicago at CaTara, an in-depth consultation will precede your appointment to determine your needs. This allows us to discuss your skin type, your specific concerns, and the treatment area you’d like to address.
RF Microneedling in Chicago
What it Treats
Improves Skin Complexion & Overall Appearance
Reduces Lines, Wrinkles, & Crepey Skin
Can be used on the body
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
Skin will feel tight immediately after treatment. There is almost no downtime or pain associated with this treatment.
Why Try RF Microneedling in Chicago?
Increase Collagen Production
The RF microneedling process is performed to encourage skin rejuvenation, your own skin cells do the work by generating new collagen, which leads to brighter, smoother skin.
After a RF microneedling treatment, your at-home skincare should improve significantly. Because the skin generates new collagen, your products will penetrate much easier.
RF microneedling in Chicago is a simple yet effective treatment for scarring and other texture problems. However, it's also very affordable given how much "heavy lifting" it can do.
The RF Microneedling Process
What to Expect
At CaTara, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book Your Appointment
Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive For Treatment
When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit Back and Relax
Your aesthetician will treat you evenly and accurately. Our team is expertly educated and trained on the best techniques to ensure we meet your high standards and expectations. During RF microneedling, we will instruct you to keep your eyes closed. However, you’re free to listen to music, chat with your aesthetician, or simply lay back and relax.
Once the RF microneedling treatment is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments needed to maintain your overall treatment plan and help you make the most of your results!
- Avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g. glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g. salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity for at least a week before your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory and blood thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc. for at least 3 days to avoid interference with the natural inflammatory process.
- Do not have any IPL/Laser procedures for two weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods for at least two weeks.
- Do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area for at least a week prior.
- Do not shave the treatment area on the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Ensure you are properly hydrated as this helps the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least a week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then gently wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2 to 3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
- Schedule follow up and repeat treatments after 4 to 6 weeks to continue to see results!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between RF microneedling and traditional microneedling?
Microneedling is a popular treatment option at CaTara in Chicago. We use multiple fine needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. This stimulates the body's own healing response, prompting your skin to produce collagen and elastin—the building blocks of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
RF microneedling takes this process to a whole new level. This treatment heats the underlying layers of the skin to stimulate collagen and elastin. This means we can reach deeper layers of the skin compared to a traditional microneedling appointment. This can produce even faster, more dramatic results that last longer than microneedling alone.
When will I see results?
Because the technique behind microneedling utilizes your body's natural ability to produce collagen, results vary from person to person. However, most clients begin to see improvement about three to six months after their last treatment.
As with similar treatments, results are greatly influenced by your lifestyle, sun exposure, diet, and the use of effective skincare products. That said, your aesthetician will personalize an at-home skincare regimen for you to help maintain your results long-term.
How many microneedling treatments do I need?
For optimal results, we may recommend a series of three or more treatments, each scheduled four to six weeks apart.
During your initial consultation for RF microneedling in Chicago, we will make a personalized recommendation for the number of treatments you need. It may depend on your overall skincare goals, lifestyle, and budget. For example, if you want to treat deep acne scars or stretch marks, you may need more than three RF microneedling treatments to see optimal results.
Does RF microneedling hurt?
At CaTara, we dedicate ourselves to not only helping you reach your skincare goals but making you feel comfortable throughout the process. The feeling patients experience during RF microneedling is best described as a mild scratching sensation. You may also feel some heat and an occasional warm needle prick.
Before we begin, your aesthetician will apply a topical anesthetic to ensure your procedure is tolerable. If you have any concerns about the level of pain you may experience during RF microneedling, be sure to voice them! We'll be there for you every step of the way and will walk you through everything you need to know. We want you to not only feel prepared for your microneedling treatment; we want you to be excited about taking the steps you need to achieve your goals!
Is there any reason why someone shouldn't have an RF microneedling treatment?
If you have active acne, you should consider alternative treatments; the microneedling technique can actually spread acne-causing bacteria over the skin, causing new breakouts. Additionally, you may not be a candidate for microneeding at this time if: you have used Accutane within the last three months; have open wounds, cuts, or abrasions; have had radiation on your skin in the last year; have a skin infection or herpes simplex in the treatment area; have trouble healing; or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.